Thursday, May 3, 2012

Love Nowadays


   I am not a big fan of the Twilight saga nor I'm the fan of Robert Pattinson a.k.a 'shining faggot' as 9gag.com called him. But a song in its soundtrack which turned out to be a heart-hitter to me that made me wrote this post.


   A Thousand Years by Christina Perry really got me swaying in my bus rides. I was aware I synced this song in my Walkman with my playlist in my PC. And I didn't regret it. J

To me this song is a love song (DUHHHHH!!!!) which talks about love (BOOOO!!!!). But it's the way it is conveyed in its lyrics that is unique. Because I believe it isn't just about puppy love or 'cinta monyet' as the Malaysian community calls it.


   Surprisingly it is quite a norm nowadays for it being extensively practiced among youths in the 21st century where not having a 'kapel' is considered kolot, 'budak surau', nerdy, or the worst case scenario is being accused of being single because having fetishes or deep interests in people of the same gender, well simply said, being gay or lesbians. Don't be surprised but homosexuality is ALSO becoming common these days (what has the world become these days -___-' ).
OMG theyre in deep shit!lol
But then theyre in DEEPER shit
    Proof? Well I got close to (not that close) to the nurses in PLKN and they gossiped about the survey forms the 'para pelatih' did. And what she said that according to the survey, there are quite number who were interested in the same sex (WAIT WHAATT!!??), and when rounded up, the majority comes from Chinese males. LOL that got me gobsmacked and got me so close of doing a really godlike-awesome-incredible-facepalm


     Back to the story, the song is about some semi-premarital-puppy-deep-love (well you get the idea) and marriage, and that is just the theme of it. The deeper explanations are in the next paragraphs.
The chorus goes like this
I have died everyday
waiting for you
Darlin' don't be afraid
I have loved you for a
Thousand years

 
  Basically the lines above are the part where they were still lovers where they're deeply in lovely for each other by the lines that she loved him for a thousand years. I mean, try compiling a thousand years of love and put it in the timeframe of say..likee..7 years? That is
A LOT of love.

I'll love you for a
Thousand more


   And that is the part where she stresses that she'll continue to love him in the same level after marriage as she did when they were still lovers. But then there is also another side to it, cuz marriage lasts forever, and in the Islamic point of view, the husband will carry his beloved wife to heaven and she'll be the head of maidens her husband will have. (I'm not an ustaz but I've heard my share of hadiths which credit goes to Ustaz Zul and Big Cuz Zul and Islamic articles I stumbled upon..lol nama diorg sama)



(Verse 1)Heart beats fast
Colors and promises
How to be brave
How can
I love when I'm afraid
To fall
But watching you stand alone
All of my doubt
Suddenly goes away somehow

   The 1st verse is from her point of view, well this song is depicting a western marriage so yeah, its from her POV while she's walking down the aisle towards her soon-to-be-hubby. Where she still have all her doubts (WOMENNN..sheesshhhh) but when she sees him standing tall and handsome, she feels as if they're alone in their world because she knows he's the one.



Time stands still
beauty in all she is
I will be brave
I will not let anything
Take away
What's standing in front of me
Every breath,
Every hour has come to this
One step closer

   This is the 2nd verse which is from the guy's POV which is what is playing in his head as she approaches him from the aisle and as she stands is front of him. The line bring the meaning that he is stunned by her beauty and the warm butterflies-in-tummy-sensation got him stuck in time. And in his heart he promised to protect her, their relationship from anything that might jeopardize it. He took a breath of readiness as he thought again all his devotion to this relationship had gotten him this far and another step closer from making her his forever.


   And I think that is just it. Well looks like this song kinda breaks the tradition of Western culture songs that often rant about lots of booze, getting drunk, parties, sex, and all the bad shiz that has been a cancer to humanity. Thanks Hollywood for allowing a 'cleaner' song go through their filter. But then, I think there are also other messages in this song that I may haven't tapped yet. If anyone has their own ideas on this song, please do share. J



   To make it clear, I do believe in a marriages that comes from a relationship that is fostered years before the marriage but still, occurrences of these kind of marriages are VERY slim and the extra percentages that do get past the 'salaman Tok Kadi' mosly stick for less than 5 years before everything goes crumbling. Thus leaving an extra of..sayyy..6 percent? Of the population that had a history like this and kept their relationship without REALLY BIG QUARRELS or playing wood three (LOOLLL it is having affairs).
  
  Hey I did take my chances though everything is against it (so disheartening). Maybe thats why I chose to be in the state that I'm in now, comfortable and flexible.But still all hope is not lost kan? I mean there is still the top tagline of all time!
Kalau Ada Jodoh Tak Ke Mana
=_='

So yeah,that's the end of my rant. ADIOS! assalamualaikum

 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment