Monday, November 10, 2014

Unconditional Bonds

Up till now, I still wonder on how frequent it is to witness or have unconditional friendships. Indeed, I believe that the most sacred of all bonds are those that are unconditional : unconditional love, unconditional friendships, unconditional faith.

Perhaps it is because of the bond formed out of pure feelings with no strings attached, nothing at stake on the table, and nothing to gain that makes it so long-lasting. Hell, some of these bonds are so strong that not even time affects it; the feelings just go dormant. Due time, the flame of friendship pops out like nothing ever changed.

If I were to give an honest opinion, the best friends I have ever had were the ones I met in lower secondary school. Well, maybe the fact that we bathed, ate, and slept together played a big part in fostering that brotherhood, but nevertheless, it was formed without any self-interest - unconditional.

After those 3 memorable years, I was then introduced to reality. The reality that to have friends is to have something to give in return for the friendship. Unconditional friendships are only stumbled upon once in a blue moon. The rarity is then exacerbated by our attachment to online media. Thus, leading to an environment that is so hostile towards true friendship.

In venting out my repressed anger, I wish to deduce from my own experiences that as the amount of brain increases, friendship values decreases. I would choose befriending the school gangster because they believe that the people around them are the ones keeping their hidden broken pieces together. I have had 2 enemies who became my best friends because after you get through that rough and rude exterior, what you'll see is a gentle person that will go through extreme lengths to save you.

No comments:

Post a Comment